Amy at http://bloggingwithamy.com has an amazing post on “The Ultimate List of Pinterest Tips”
She complied all of the tips from around the web and packaged them into one wonderful, easy to read post.
- What is Pinterest? It’s a place to bookmark images and videos you love from around the web. In Pinterest terms, these bookmarks are called “pins.” Your “pins” (think, pinning things to a virtual bulletin board) are visible to other Pinterest users and you can see the boards of others as well.
- How does Pinterest work? Here’s the basic process: (1) Surf the internet. (2) See an image/video you like. (3) “Pin” that image/video to one of your Pinterest boards to keep track of it and to share it with others.
- How do I get on Pinterest? Go to Pinterest.com. You can request an invite by clicking the red button, or, you can ask someone that is already on Pinterest for an invite.
- Add the “Pin It” Button to your bookmarks bar. It’s easy to install. Go to the goodies page on Pinterestand drag the button into your bookmarks bar (it’s right at the top of the page in the blue box). Once it’s installed, whenever you come across something great to pin, simply click the “Pin It” button in your bookmarks bar and you’re set.
- Save time with the Pinterest Right Click Chrome extension. If your browser is Chrome, this is a handy, time-saving extension. Basically, if you see an image you want to pin, you simply right-click on it (control-click on Mac) and you’ll see a menu that allows you to pin the image straight away, skipping a step if you’re using the “Pin It” button mentioned above. Like this:
Did you find this helpful? If so, you can read all of her tips here:
- Pinterest Basics
- How to Use Pinterest to Drive Traffic
- How to Add the “Pin It” Button to Posts
- Pinterest Copyright Issues
- Further Reading
Do you have any Pinterest tips to share?