Guest Post from WithaSideofThriftiness.com…
Vanilla Berry Trifle
Summer is the PERFECT opportunity to incorporate fruit into desserts. Most fruits are in season and this makes your wallet happy! And, you know us… we like to do everything With a Side of Thriftiness! I love to venture to the local farmer’s market on Saturday mornings to buy the freshest of fruit at a fantastic price. I have incorporated three of Summer’s berries into this refreshingly delicious trifle: Strawberries, Blueberries and Raspberries! Below you will find the recipe. I have made it easy to incorporate this recipe into your recipe box with a simple print feature. Enjoy!
- 4 Cups Strawberries
- 2 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- 2 boxes (6-serving size) vanilla instant pudding
- Thaw Cool Whip
- Wash all Berries
- Cut/Slice Strawberries
- Reserve 1/4 of the Berries for the topping
- Make the Vanilla Pudding per box instructions.
- Cut Angel Food Cake into large cubes
- Create layers to form your Trifle:
- …Cool Whip
- …Angel Food Cake
- …Vanilla Pudding
- Repeat until all ingredients are used, or dish is full
- Top with the reserved Berries
- Arrange the berries in a design if you’d like
- Refrigerate until serving
This recipe can be easily tweaked to any preference. Change it up by adding, or subtracting, the types of berries used. Or, add a different flavor of pudding and or cool whip. The variations are endless!