Did you know that 80-90% of SIDS-related deaths are due to unsafe sleep practices? As a mom, SIDS has to be one of the scariest things that is always on my mind. Because there is so much that is unknown about SIDS, it is important to use Safe Sleep Practices to help prevent it.
According to HALO:
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
I have partnered with HALO for SIDS Awareness Month to help spread the word and increase awareness. During the month of October, HALO will donate $1 to SIDS Awareness for every new Facebook “Like”. Pretty cool, right?
I have worked with HALO multiple times and absolutely love their sleepsacks! We used their Sleepsack Swaddle when little guy was in that sweet newborn stage, their lightweight Sleepsacks for the Summer months and now we are using their Sleepsack Early Walker since my little guy is now constantly on the move! I have loved ever single one of them.
The Sleepsack Early Walker is awesome. I ordered it a bit too big for my little guy, but he will fit into it soon enough.
My 4 year old kiddo actually stole it for now and loves to wear it as pajamas ;)
What makes the HALO Sleepsack Early Walker a Pin-worthy Product?
- Foot openings for mobility when awake. Room to tuck in feet at night.
- Unzips from the bottom for easy diaper changes.
- Generous sack design allows room for kicking, but cannot be kicked off so baby stays warm all night.
- Machine washable
- 100% Polyester Micro-fleece
Get connected with HALO
Be sure to look for our GIVEAWAY from HALO tomorrow :)
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."